Faces of the Kimera
CMC-200 Powered Combat Suit
The CMC-200 Powered Combat Suit was used in the 25th century. By 2478 it was being phased out by its successor, the CMC-300 and was considered obsolete by the Guild Wars, only being used for training. Still, Colonial Militias and law enforcement continued to use the CMC-200 during the Great War.
The CMC-200 is considered a 6 point Device (hard-to-lose) and is known to have the following features:
- Air conditioner (a “backpack” which channels heat away from the body) (0 pp)
- Visor System: Lights flicker on the interior of the visor’s rim acting as a basic guide. Green, yellow and presumably red feature, keeping the user informed of the suit’s integrity. (Super-Senses (Communication Link, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Radio, Time Sense), 5 pp)
- Shoulder housed ammunition reloads and sensor arrays. (see above)
- Structural support (supports the user’s body, eg. adjusts itself to fit a firing stance, improving the gunner’s aim). (Enhanced Strength 8, Enhanced Dexterity 2, 10 pp)
- Salvage System: Should the suit’s arm or leg be breached, the suit seals it off in a tourniquet. (Healing 1 (Self-Only, Reaction, 5 pp)
- Immunity to most small arms fire. A needle gun can penetrate the suit, however. (Protection 3 (Impervious 3), 6 pp)
- Seven day endurance on internal recycling alone. (0 pp)
- Basic NBC (nuclear/biological/chemical) shielding. (Immunity 4 (radiation, disease, suffocation (limited), 4 pp)
- Limited life support. (see above)
Device 6 (hard-to-lose, Protection 3 (Impervious 3), Immunity 4 (radiation, disease, suffocation (limited), Super-Senses (Communication Link, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Radio, Time Sense), Healing 1 (Self-Only, Reaction), Enhanced Strength 8, Enhanced Dexterity 2)
Terrans wearing this suit are considered Light, Biological, and Large. This confers upon them several benefits and detriments: The cost of defense is 1/2 of a point per point of defense, instead of a full point (this comes from being Light), however the character receives extra damage from characters that specifically target light or biological creatures. The character also receives the following: -1 attack & defense, +4 CMB & CMD, -4 stealth, -4 swim, -4 escape artist, -4 acrobatics, -4 sleight of hand, and +1 reach (this comes from being Large, see here).
The CMC-200 Powered Combat Suit weighs approximately 1,500 lbs and stands roughly 8-1/2 ft. tall while worn.
For more details, see here.